Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spotlight on the author Mo Willems


I LOVE Mo Willems, and it is a great way to start the year with funny, short, fun books that the kids can read. My kids love these for their book bags after I read them each day for the first month of school. Read aloud is essential to reading comprehension and interest, so I make sure I do this each and every day! The project below goes with the book "The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog".

The first picture gives step by step instructions and pictures for making pigeon and duck puppets! Just click and enjoy!


The next link is a follow up sheet I used for the first graders to write their own dialogue for the pigeon and the duck. They chose what they wanted the pigeon to find in their story, drew a picture, and then wrote their story! At the end of the lesson, they shared their stories they wrote like a play! Effective for creating dialogue and stories, and SO much FUN!




0 comments:

Post a Comment